Relevant Work Experience
Freelance Marketing Consultant, 2018
- Available for small business and artist digital and social media marketing consultation for businesses just starting out and those with existing marketing in place; services include current marketing audit, channel planning, audience research and insights, paid social media targeting and recommendations, and marketing calendar creation
WE Communications, May 2016 - December 2017 | Director, Digital & Social Strategy
- Lead research and planning for multiple successful new business pitches.
- Establish digital/integrated strategy team for WE on the East Coast.
- Develop integrated social media and digital strategies that align to client communication and business goals.
- Contribute to agency thought leadership on existing and emerging digital trends; including up-leveling editorial process for internal and client-facing newsletter on digital and creative trends.
- Create and implement agency-wide integrated 101 training; to date have presented training in 3 of the 6 WE North America offices and shared with colleagues on UK digital teams.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop, introduce and implement/socialize new brief and briefing process, with an emphasis on creating efficiencies and creating tighter business based insights for ideation and planning for business development /new business projects.
- Clients include AMD, Morgan Stanley, Honeywell, and Biogen
Strawberryfrog, February 2015 - April 2016 | Lead Strategist
Lead digital, social and brand strategy across a variety of verticals, ranging from beauty to pharma to CPG to banking. These strategies are geared to create movements that align cultural shifts with brand objectives in order to meet key business and campaign objectives.
Develop thoughtful, smart strategies to lead new business conversations and pitch work.
Led digital strategy for SunTrust Bank’s onUp movement, which launched with a 30 second spot on Super Bowl 50, working closely with multiple client stakeholders and partner agencies.
Developed and led the social media strategy for pharmaceutical company Orexo's award-winning (Gold Lion, Cannes Pharma category) Out The Monster Campaign, which activated the campaign across Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter, and positioned Orexo as a leader in the space via their revamped LinkedIn presence.
Work as part of an integrated team with partner agencies and client teams on a regular basis.
Present strategic solutions to clients in pitches, creative presentations, one on one meetings and phone conversations.
- Manage a team of strategy interns and junior strategy associates.
Wunderman, April 2012 – February 2015 | Senior Strategist, Digital and Social Media
Develop integrated brand social media strategies; Work closely with account team and clients to ensure proper messaging
Create holistic (digital/social/loyalty) strategies that meet brand goals, are campaign aligned (when necessary), and aligned with platform best practices.
Coordinate with clients’ internal social media teams to ensure messaging is in keeping with brand voice and guidelines, while staying true to campaign strategy.
Develop integrated digital strategies that marry traditional digital channels/best practices and emerging platforms.
Educate clients and colleagues on social media best practices and emerging platforms/apps.
Developed a social operations playbook for a Fortune 500 client's social customer care team, working closely with key stakeholders within the organization.
Clients include/have included Levi's, Citi, United Airlines, and Coca-Cola
Zemoga, Inc., April 2010 – January 2012 | Head of Social Media / Special Ops
Managed Zemoga corporate social strategy including editing corporate blog on thought leadership, company culture, tech, design and innovation and corporate and executive Twitter accounts.
Editor of Zemoga’s blog on new directions in digital pharma, Pixels & Pills. Managed Pixels & Pills Twitter account and community.
Led team coordinating Social Media Week Bogotá, including finding speakers (Jonathan Richman, Ted Rubin and Peter Shankman) and creating content for the Social Media Week blog.
Grew engagement on all social media channels and readership on both blogs by over 20% in less than six months; Tracked and reported on social media engagement using tools including Google Analytics, Crowdbooster and Compete in conjunction with the data team.
Worked within departments on creative driven digital and social strategies for B2B and B2C companies including Undertone, Rodale, Joint Juice; Participated in creating Zemoga’s finalist entry in PSFK and the Climate Reality Project’s Gaming for Good Challenge
Work It Brooklyn, December 2009 – Present | Co-Founder and Community Manager
Co-founder of successful online and offline networking coalition for creative people living and/or working in Brooklyn, NY.
Manage the online community at @workitbrooklyn and a dedicated Facebook group.
Lead business development and event planning including brand partnerships, procuring sponsorship from local businesses and media outlets.
Freelance Blogger and Writer, February 2009 – 2013
Started online diary of personal experience being unemployed in Brooklyn called Unemployed Brooklyn featured in media outlets including NY1 News, theFrisky.com, Rue89.com.
Utilized public profile to organize a series of networking events and meet-ups for unemployed and under-employed people in community.
Increased traffic by 30% using social-networking tools and SEO.
Wrote and researched articles related to unemployment and job-hunting for AOL Jobs blog
DEX New York, June 2007 – November 2008 | Operations Manager
Managed daily operations and staff of a start-up cosmetics company, photo studio and beauty atrium.
Communicated daily with outside PR firm to ensure appropriate media placement.
Planned several in-studio events, including a charity event benefiting the Young Survival Coalition.
Collaborated with producers to facilitate production of photo shoots, events, editorial and ad campaigns.
Acted as point-person for all staff and freelancer training; Created employee handbook.
Bachelor of Arts; fine arts, cum laude
University Activities and Societies:
WBRS 100.1-FM General Manager
Counselor, Rape Crisis Hotline
Women's Month Committee
Leadership Recognition Award